Access Linksys RE6500 extender setup page for configuration your network and fix problems to make your extender works good for you.
So here are some guidelines to setup linksys extender into your network:
- Attach the antennas to extender and the power wire. Antennas will be set straight up for good signal strength.
- Important: Linksys extender’s antennas should be upright as it is recommended for best connection.
- Attach in your linksys re6500 extender half way of area between the main Wi-Fi router and the area with bad connection.
- Make sure that you are almost between of the main router’s Wi-Fi connection at that point on any PC you will use for setting up the extender.
- Stand by for light on the top of the linksys re6500 extender and it will take upto 2 minutes.
- Get any PC, computer or Wi-FI enabled device, attach to the linksys extender’s network named “Linksys Extender Setup”
- Whether the setup page does not launch automatically, launch up a browser and type in 192.168.1.1 to open up re6500 setup webpage.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup via WPS button
- Tap on the WPS button on your main Wi-Fi router.
- Tap on the “Wi-Fi Protected setup” option on the linksys re6500 extender’s Wi-Fi Protected Setup webpage, OR tap and hold the WPS button on the upper top of the linksys re6500 extender for about 1 second.
- As soon as connection is finished, the WPS LED on the linksys re6500 extender will be solid on.
- Whether you are on the linksys extender’s WPS webpage, make sure to tap on OK with button within 2 minutes or you will have to restart.
Firmware Update of Linksys RE6500 Wi-Fi Extender
- First of all, launch up a web browser on your smartphone or PC and log into the Linksys extender setup webpage.
- When the Linksys range extender setup webpage, it will ask you for the login password.
- Whether you made changes to the password, enter in the new password.
- Below the Administration tab, open up the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Finally, you can upgrade Linksys Extender’s firmware in two methods-
- Tap on the button which is named CHECK FOR FIRMWARE, and tap on the UPDATE button, whether your extender’s firmware is not already the new one.
- Also, you can upgrade linksys wi-fi extenders’ firmware simply by choosing the latest firmware file, that you downloaded and open it up with the upload button.
Why I can’t access my Linksys RE6500 extender?
- If it is your first-time setup, we recommend you to put the linksys extender near to main Wi-Fi router. When the setup is done for your linksys extender, you can un-attach it and place it to the any place you want.
- To lower the signal obstacles, use to different places for your main Wi-Fi router and linksys re6500 extender.
- Try not to place the main Wi-Fi router and linksys re6500 extender closer to metal things, plastered walls, and reflective surfaces which maybe glass or mirrors.
- Try to not put the main Wi-Fi router and linksys re6500 range extender closer to other electronics that might give signal obstruction.
- Stand by till the WPS indicator LED light stops flashing when you make the internet connection again.
Can’t connect to my Linksys RE6500 Extender
For accessing your linksys re6500 wi-fi extender, you must be attached to your main Wi-Fi network. Whether you already have Wi-Fi Internet access, the issue could be that you have mistakenly attached to a different Wi-Fi router’s network.
- When you open up Windows desktop, right-click on wireless option in the system bar.
- Tap on the View Available Wireless Networks option.
- Choose your network SSID. Tap on Connect button.
- Whether you are asked to type in a network key, put in the password which are given in the Network key and make sure that network key fields. Tap on Connect option.
Read more: Can you use multiple WiFi extenders?
Read more Setting up the Linksys RE6500